Thursday, September 29, 2005

KY eats - Raku Zen Japanese Restaurant, SS15

From the post about Isetan Sushi, some of you might have the idea that I love Japanese, which is, er... very true. Now, not all Japanese food are made or served the same, repeat after me. "Sushi King & Genki are for the noobs." Thank you thank you, now let me tell you about this Raku Zen place.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Now this is what I called a real Jap restaurant

This place is located at Subang Jaya SS15, at the row of shops situated directly opposite Subang Jaya Medical Center. The sign board isn't terribly big or visible, but squint your eyes like a Japanese and look hard, you'll find it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Can you imagine how these go down the throat? yummmm

The Hokkaido Seafood season happened to be this time of the year for this restaurant. Basically it means that you get to enjoy fabulous seafood that were caught offshore Hokkaido, the island at northern Japan. We ordered a generous plate of sashimi, 2 hand rolls (salmon roe & softshell crab), a dish of big fat scallops, and some absolutely amazing beef.

All these dishes have some funky Japanese names, but for the life of my koi fish, I can't remember any of them, so beat it. The sashimi was served with perfect cuttings of salmon, tuna, yellow tail, octopus, raw sweet shrimps, and another type of white fish. The dish was served in perfect temprature, too. Those are the little touch that some other places ignore.

The beef is cooked medium rare soaked in some type of sourish soup. It was the first time I had this dish. The meat went down very smooth, and surprisingly tender and rich in taste. Scallop was served with some mushroom and chilli, you cook them with a heated scallop shell and some type of sauce. I like my scallop half cooked, so that suits me pretty well. It tastes very sweet and sumptuous.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
All gone.. another satisfied customer

While this is definately not a budget restaurant, the price is rather reasonable. You can get a Chirashi Sushi set for around 30 ringgit. Don't ask me how much this meal cost tho, but it was worth every penny.

|
Check out KY drives

If you have arrived at this page via search engine or other links. Please note that I have moved. Take a look at
kyspeaks.com



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?